40 Days and 40 Nights Interactive Map

Thursday, September 18, 2008

I am going to live an extraordinary life - By Nikki Baxter

Author: Nikki Baxter




I was denied a loan yesterday to get this house I have been wanting. So I will be staying at my current residence for at least another six months. They said after this years taxes I should qualify. I have something to work towards, which is one of my favorite things. I was struggling there for a while as I had become a "yes" girl. Doing whatever I could to bring happiness to the people around me, but not leaving any room for myself. On top of that, I was fighting a losing battle. I will never be able to make other people happy, they have to do that themselves. I was actually hindering them from achieving that by trying to do it for them. Not anymore. I want to help others find joy for themselves, but I need to do it by living an example. I have also been working on eliminating the word "try" from my vocabulary. I am not going to try, I am going to do. My true intentions will be exposed by the results of my life. If I have results than I don't need reasons why I don't have what I want. Instead of trying to be right I am trying to just be. No mistakes, no progress. The things that occur in the world in and of themselves are neutral. Things that have already occurred cannot be changed. It is my own perception that will deem them positive or negative. So that gives me the personal power of shaping my days exactly how I want them to be. And why would I choose negativity. It is not nearly as much fun as not. I have slowed things way down in my life over the past few weeks, and it has helped me immensely. I have to take time for my life. No one will do it for me. Things are going really well. I hope the same is true for all of you, and if not, how can you overcome it? If you want to, you will. Even if it is hard, even if no one supports you, and there might be some pain involved. If you really want what you say it is you want, you will get it because you will start making decisions toward making your life happen FOR you instead of TO you. Much love.